
For 8 years now, Chris and I have had a tradition of going camping for memorial weekend. It was our first camping trip together in 2002. We have always gone to Stanley in the past.
This year was the first time it worked out that the kids could go with us. It has been so cold here though, we decided it would not be a good idea to go to Stanley (they still have snow up there) So we went to the kids favorite camping spot. Dog Creek campground at Anderson Reservoir.
Every one had a blast. We got to do some target practice, fish and sit around and eat smores.
We have just recently gotten some BB guns and the kids are learning to be sharp shooters. It is really fun to watch them shoot and then run to the end and get excited about just hitting the target. I can't wait to see them get better.
We also decided to try fishing with the kids. Chris or I really don't like to fish but we thought it would be a fun experience for the kids. We got some fishing poles and different kinds of bait and let them all have a shot at it. Let me tell you, they have WAY more patience then I do. They never got a single bite, but kept on trying all weekend.
We didn't get a chance to sit in the hot springs this time, the river was too high and there were only 2 pools that looked good. When it is that busy, there are too many people and we didn't really want to be crowded in.
The weather ended up cooperating most of the weekend. We drove up in a storm but by the time we were ready to unload, it was dry enough that we wouldn't be soaked for the night. Saturday morning was a little cool, but ended up being a beautiful day. Sunday was gorgeous. Cody drove up for the day to do a bike ride with Chris. While they were gone I took the kids fishing some more and we played some games. During the night it started to pour and by the time we woke up Monday we were ready to get out of there. We knew we would have to come home and dry everything out but we were not willing to wait out the storm. Good thing because by the time we got home it really started to storm.
Overall a good start to the summer. I can't wait to do more camping, hopefully we have a lot of free weekends to do it.
We are excited that Ember gets here Friday (June 4th) and we have to get ready to leave for the coast. I am going to try to put pictures and update this daily while we are there, otherwise I may get overwhelmed and never come back ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment