Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oregon Coast Vacation 2013

We had a wonderful week with lots of relaxing and a bit of fun. We also crossed a few things off our Bucket list. 
We got to our house early Saturday evening and got settled. 


Our house from the beach
 We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The house was open and spacious. The whole garage had been turned into a game room (where the kids spent quite a bit of time) and having dinner at the round table, looking out at the ocean was spectacular.


Sunday we decided just to hang around the house and beach and I am sure glad we did. It was a beautiful, warm day and everyone got to swim in the ocean


Monday morning, Chris took the girls on a fishing trip. Ember and Autumn caught a ling cod each and everyone caught their limit of rock fish. Even though they had to go really early, they all had a wonderful time.
We have a lot of fish to eat over the next little while (need to look up recipes)!


Tuesday I had scheduled for us to go on a horseback beach ride. It was a 40 minute trail ride down to the beach where we got to separate and trot next to the ocean. I enjoyed this a lot, and I think even the kids who hadn't ridden before had a great time. Each of our horses had great personalities, and the leaders matched us up perfectly to them. Embers, and Chris's wanted to be in the lead. Mine was feisty, biting at others and not giving any space. Autumns was hungry all the time (they aren't allowed to eat the grass on the trail) and she had a hard time keeping him away from the grass. Jalen had never ridden before. His horse was calm and slow. Just going along with everyone. Audrey had also never ridden before. She got the oldest horse. He was just happy to walk...really slowly...no matter what.

We then went into Florence and had our much anticipated Mo's lunch. We also took the kids to the Sea Lion Caves,  but I wasn't able to get many pictures. (They are all dark and blurry)


We got a couple of chances to climb around some rocks and look at the tide pools. This is always a favorite with the kids as they like to look at the sea creatures.


On the 3rd of July, Chris took the kids up to Waldport to watch their annual fireworks display. I stayed back at the house with the dogs.




On the 4th of July we headed into Yachats, the little town we were staying in. We took the beach the whole way into town, about 3 miles. We watched part of their crazy parade and walked around town. The kids and I have sore feet and all needed a nap afterwards. I then made ribs and corn on the cob (all the family's favorite) We then started packing and relaxed for the night.



All in all a wonderful vacation. I am glad we took the time to relax and not plan too much. Most of us didn't want to come home as the beach is our favorite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment